Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lament

Everything around me is closing in. All the things promised now forgotten. When will normalcy return? Everything around me is closing in. Darkness is too sweet to swallow. I never knew it would end like this. Everything around me is closing in. Black tears roll down my face into oblivion. Is my only release through death? Everything around me is closing in. I don’t feel like myself anymore. The pain is just too much to bear. Everything around me is closing in. Alas, a light. What secrets does it hold? Everything around me is closing in. It whispers sweet sorrows into my ear. What do they mean? Everything around me is closing in. It’s warmth says I’m no longer numb. It’s heart says that someone cares. It’s love says that I’m alive. Everything around me is breaking out. Where do I go from here? I have no idea. But I’m free.

No comments:

Post a Comment